September was a busy month for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. The first-ever Fan Festival, Day of the Dragons, AND Community Day, all in one month! Unfortunately, we didn’t get a Brilliant Event last month.
Luckily, October is bringing another two-week Brilliant Event, this time called Fighting Forces.
Fighting Forces: Week One will be October 8th to October 14th.
Fighting Forces: Week Two will be October 22nd to October 28th.
This Brilliant Event guide will focus on the second week of Fighting Forces. For all the details of the first week, read my previous guide.
Guide to Week 2 of Fighting Forces Brilliant Event!
This guide will cover all the quests you need to do to complete the second week of Fighting Forces Brilliant Event. Plus I’ve shared some advice to help you finish the event on time, or even early if you apply yourself!
Brilliant Event Overview
Event Name Fighting Forces Brilliant Event (Week 2) Date + Time
- Starts October 22nd, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Ends on October 28th, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- The Calamity has triggered Fighting Forces. The Ministry of Magic needs your help to return the Order of the Phoenix to their time and place.
- Event-only 3k Portkeys, Brilliant Foundables, Brilliant Runestones, and Brilliant Event tasks.
- Free store pack with 2 Erumpent Horns, 15 Spell Energy, 2 Angel’s Trumpet, and 1 Unicorn Hair.
- 25% reduced brewing time for all Exstimulo Potions and Healing Potions.
- Earn up to 15 Restricted Section Books.
- Earn up to 4 Spell Books.
- Earn a Death Eater Portrait Lens Variant 2, a Kreacher with Locket Registry Sticker, a Tom Riddle’s Tomb Portrait Sticker, a Troll Leg Umbrella Stand Registry Sticker, a Dementor Animated Portrait Sticker, and a Phoenix Registry Sticker for your Ministry ID portrait.
- 50 Gold Coins.
- Bonus rewards from the bonus assignment!
Brilliant Event Tasks
These tasks all come straight from Fazes, so they’re completely accurate!
Like the previous Brilliant Events, the quest line is split into four sections. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one. Unlike previous Brilliant Events, this one includes a BONUS assignment!
The 3k Portkey Portmanteaus will go to Borgin and Burkes.
Fighting Forces Quest 1/4
These tasks are fairly easy, but brewing Potions might take time. If you’re not in urgent need of Potions before the event begins, stock up all 4 Potions in your Cauldron. That allows you to collect 4 Potions immediately when the Brilliant Event begins. Then just brew 2 Healing Potions or regular Exstimulo Potions!
Dine 2x at Inns 2 Restricted Section Books Brew 6 Potions 150 Wizarding XP Defeat 3 Oddities 10 Brilliant Family XP
1st Quest Rewards
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Spell Book
- 5 Re’em Blood Ingredients
- 3 Loveage Ingredients
Fighting Forces Quest 2/4
These are fairly easy tasks that shouldn’t take too long to complete.
Collect 3 Brilliant Sirius Black Fragments 300 Wizarding XP Use 5 Exstimulo Potions 200 Wizarding XP Open 2 3km Portkeys 15 Brilliant Family XP
2nd Quest Rewards
- 2 Potent Exstimulo Potions
- 25 Legends of Hogwarts Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Spell Book
- 1 Death Eater Portrait Lens Variant 2
- 1 Kreacher with Locket Registry Sticker
Fighting Forces Quest 3/4
The potential challenge here is having 2 Tonic for Trace Detection Potions in your Vault to use. The free store pack helps a little with Ingredients, but you might still need to buy a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion.
Use 2 Tonic for Trace Detection 500 Wizarding XP Defeat 6 Oddities Traces 500 Wizarding XP Defeat 9 Foes in Wizarding Challenges 15 Brilliant Family XP
3rd Quest Rewards
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Spell Book
- 1 Tom Riddle’s Tomb Portrait Sticker
- 1 Troll Leg Umbrella Stand Registry Sticker
Fighting Forces Quest 4/4
After 3 easy sets of quests, the 4th set is a doozy. Hopefully at this point, you can consistently cast Great Spells. Using 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions isn’t difficult, but if you’re stingy with them like I am, it might hurt to use them on Foundables that aren’t extremely rare. Finally, opening 4 Portkeys is a LOT. However, if you just unlock them throughout the week, and wait to open them all at once, you should be fine.
Cast 15 Great Spells 750 Wizarding XP Use 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions 15 Brilliant Family XP Open 4 3km Portkeys 15 Brilliant Family XP
4th Quest Rewards
- 1 Dementor Animated Portrait Sticker
- 50 Gold Coins
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Spell Book
- 1 Phoenix Registry Sticker
Fighting Forces BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the Brilliant Event quests early, then you unlock the Bonus Assignment.
Defeat 10 Brilliant Death Eaters 1 Spell Book Defeat 25 Oddities 1 Title (Ministry ID) Play 10 Wizarding Challenges 1 Death Eater Variant 3 Portrait Lens
- 1000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 1 Fighting Forces Achievement Badge
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Similar to the previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
Brilliant Where to find it Fragments to collect Brilliant Sirius Black Wild Encounter 12 Brilliant Troll Leg Umbrella Stand Event Tasks 1 Brilliant Kreacher with Locket Event Tasks 1 Brilliant Phoenix Patronus Event Tasks 1 Brilliant Portrait of Phineas Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus 5 Brilliant Order of the Phoenix Photo Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone) 3
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, or if you’re thrown off by the different tasks, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event with time to spare. And then you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- If you don’t currently have a supply of Tonic for Trace Detection Potions, go ahead and brew two. If you’re missing the Ingredients, either unlock a bunch of Portkey Portmanteaus ASAP to try to find Erumpent Horns, or go ahead and buy a Potion. It’s more cost-efficient to buy a Potion than it is to buy the Ingredients. Remember that the free store pack will give you 2 Erumpent Horns, the rare Ingredients needed to brew 1 Potion. Save enough Baneberry, Bulbadox Juice, and Angel’s Trumpet to brew 1 Potion.
- Opening a Portkey is not the same thing as unlocking a Portkey. If you unlock a Portkey before reaching the 2nd or the 4th set of quests, hold on to it! Wait until you get credit for opening it.
- If you’ve having trouble finding Oddities, avoid flagged areas. Also play in the evening, when certain Oddities are more common.
- If you need to complete the event quickly, or you only have a short time to work on it, visit a sponsored Simon Mall if at all possible. Inns, Fortresses, and spawns are all plentiful.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! Aurors and Magizoologists are getting close to earning all of the Restricted Section Books needed to fill out their skill tree.
- When working on the Bonus Assignment, prioritize the Death Eaters. 1 Spell Book is more valuable than flair for your Ministry ID.
Are you excited for the upcoming Brilliant Event? What do you think of the Bonus Assignment? Leave a comment below!
P.S. Need a new external battery pack to get you through another week of playing Wizards Unite? I’ve written a guide of top-rated power banks over on my own blog!