Thank you zviznemte from Discord for helping with this article. Your insights were invaluable!
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event is actually two separate weeks. The first week is going on right now. This guide focuses on the second week, July 30th to August 6th.
If you’re avoiding spoilers, then switch to our article with the basic information about the upcoming Brilliant Events. Otherwise, keep reading to see the new Brilliant Foundables and discover the Brilliant Event tasks!
Guide to Week 2 of Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event!
This guide will cover all the tasks you need to do to complete the second week of Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event. You’ll also find tips and tricks to get through the event!
Brilliant Event Overview
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event (Week 2)
Date + Time
- Starts July 30th, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Ends on August 6th, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- The Calamity is creating an unusual number of Foundables related to Harry Potter.
- Event-only 7k Portkeys, Brilliant Foundables, Brilliant Runestones, and Brilliant Event tasks.
- Earn up to 15 Restricted Section Books.
- Earn a Red Sock with Brooms sticker, an Ornate Harry frame, a Stag Patronus sticker, and a Taped Glasses lens for your Ministry ID.
- Earn 50 Gold.
Brilliant Event Tasks
So these are just the tasks for the second week of the Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event. Like the previous week for Potter’s Calamity, the quest line is split into four sections. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one.
Potter’s Calamity 1
The first section is easy to complete. I’d recommend having a Portkey close to unlocking by the start of the event.
Return 5 Foundables 2 Restricted Section Books Dine at Inns 2 times 10 Brilliant Family XP Unlock 1 Portkey Portmanteau 15 Brilliant Family XP
Section 1 Rewards:
- 500 XP
- 20 Brilliant Family XP
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- Red Sock Red with Brooms Sticker
Potter’s Calamity 2
The second section is more of a challenge, especially if you’re not great at Masterful casts.
Recover 2 Brilliant Golden Snitch Foundable Fragments 300 XP Brew 4 Potions 10 Brilliant Family XP Perform 10 Masterful Spell Casts 5 Brilliant Family XP
Section 2 Rewards:
- 2 Potent Exstimulo Potions
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 DMLE Badge Fragment
- Ornate Harry Frame
Potter’s Calamity 3
The third section is again a bit of a challenge, especially if you live in a rural area without many Traces. You might need to use Dark Detectors to complete these tasks.
Return 4 High Threat Foundables 500 XP Recover 3 Brilliant Golden Snitch Foundable Fragments 500 XP Return 4 Dark Arts Family Foundables 15 Brilliant Family XP
Section 3 Rewards:
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 London Five Photograph Fragment
- Stag Patronus Sticker
Potter’s Calamity 4
The fourth section can be difficult if you struggle to find enough Ministry Family Foundables. However, the other tasks are all based on your own efforts! They might take time, but you can do them!
Unlock 5 Portkey Portmanteaus 750 XP Return 10 Ministry Family Foundables 10 Brilliant Family XP Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges 15 Brilliant Family XP
Section 4 Rewards:
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Framed Family Photo (Ginny, Albus, James, Lily) Fragment
- 50 Gold
- Taped Glasses Lens
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Similar to the previous Brilliant Event, you will only be able to encounter two of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 7k Portkeys, and event tasks.
Brilliant Where to find it Fragments to collect
Wild Encounter 12
Section 2 Event Task Reward 1
London Five Photograph
Section 3 Event Task Reward 1
Framed Family Photo (Ginny, Albus, James, Lily)
Section 4 Event Task Reward 1
Hogwarts Heroes Daily Prophet
Use a Brilliant Runestone in Fortress Challenges 3
Harry’s Ministry ID Card
Unlock 7km Portkey Portmanteau 3
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
With two Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Events as well as a Community Day all back to back to back, we want to provide you with as many tips as possible to maximize your efforts.
- Keep your Ingredients stocked so you can easily brew potions in the second section. Choose 2-hour potions to complete this task more quickly.
- Save 2k Portmanteaus to open at the end. Again, this will speed up the completion of the overall event.
- If you’re having trouble finding High Threat Foundables, use Dark Detectors on Inns.
- 7k Portmanteaus can still be opened after the Brilliant Event ends, BUT if you unlock it after the next Brilliant Event begins, you’ll receive different rewards. Unlock your Portkeys wisely!
- If you’re trying to find Brilliant Foundables or specific Family Foundables, do not play in an area with a Family Flag. Traces will be more diverse in an area not marked by a Flag.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely!